A one day Orientation Seminar/Learning Activity was conducted for members of Multi-partite Monitoring Teams (MMTs) from Iligan City and Misamis Oriental. The activitry was designed to orient new members on pertinent environmental and mining laws, rules , regulations and programs covering the topics on the following:
- Evironmental Impact Statement System
- Ecological Solid Waste Management
- Toxic substance, Hazardous and Nuclear waste Control
- Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act
- Ambient Air Sampling Procedure
- Adjudication of Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC) Violations and Pollution Cases
- Protocol in Conducting Environmental Compliance Inspection
- Mine Rehabilitation Fund Committee (MRFC) and Mullti-partite Monitoring Teams (MMTs) Roles and Functions (DAO 2010-21)
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement Program (EPEP/AEPEP)
- Adoption of Scorecard and Checklist in Monitoring the implementation of Tenements, Safety, Health, Environment and Social Development Programs (TSHES)
The topics discussed are in conformity and applicable to Plants/Quarry/Mineral Processing/Industrial Sand and Gravel, Operations.
Speakers/Resource Persons were technical personnel from the Regional Offices of the Mines and Geoscienes Bureau and from the Environmental Management Bureau.