SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #3
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “#SamuelPH”
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 05:00 AM, 19 November 2018
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today)
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “SAMUEL” HAS MOVED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD WHILE MAINTAINING ITS STRENGTH.
• Possible raising of Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal (TCWS) No. 1 over Southern Leyte and Eastern Samar.
• Moderate to heavy rains which may trigger flooding and landslides may prevail over Caraga Region, Davao Oriental, Compostela Valley, Southern Leyte, Bohol, Camiguin and Misamis Oriental. Residents of these areas, especially those living near or in river channels, low-lying and mountainous areas, are advised to take precautionary measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the areas under TCWS No. 1 and the eastern seaboards of Visayas and Mindanao.
Location of eye/center At 4:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “SAMUEL” was estimated based on all available data at 660 km East Southeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (7.1°N, 132.2°E).
Strength Maximum winds of up to 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 65 km/h.
Movement Moving West Northwest at 15 km/h.
• 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 395 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur(8.8°N, 129.9°E)
• 48 Hour(Wednesday morning):In the vicinity of Hugpa, Southern Leyte(10.3°N, 124.9°E)
• 72 Hour(Thursday morning): 145 km North Northeast of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan(11.0°N, 119.0°E)
• 96 Hour(Friday morning):570 km West Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(11.6°N, 113.9°E)
• 120 Hour(Saturday morning):880 km West Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(11.6°N, 110.9°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
TCWS #1(30-60 kph Expected in 36 hrs.)
Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Norte and Dinagat Island Province
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.
Mines and Geosciences Bureau 10 (MGB-10)
Issued at: 9:45 AM today, 19 November 2018
The Provincial, City, and Municipal Governments are hereby advised to take precautionary measures in view of the Typhoon. This weather disturbance could have possible adverse impact on the local population, on health, on public and private infrastructure, on the economy.
The Provincial/City/Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils and the general public are advised to be prepared in the event of the occurrence of landslides and floods. The P/C/MDRRMCs are advised to be vigilant and to take precautionary measures.
The Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Committees (BDRRMCs) are advised to coordinate with their City/Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils to plan for any emergency, including identification of safe and suitable relocation sites and/or evacuation centers. These should not be located in landslide-/flood-/hazard-prone areas.
Thank you very much.