Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION MARCE
Tropical Cyclone: WARNING
ISSUED AT: 8:00 PM, 23 November 2016
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “MARCE” HAS MAINTAINED ITS STRENGTH AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE WESTWARD TOWARDS MINDANAO.
- Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within the 200 km diameter of the tropical depression.
- Sea travel is risky over the northern seaboard of Northern Luzon.
- Expected to make landfall over Surigao provinces tomorrow afternoon or early evening.
- Expected to exit the PAR by Monday early morning (November 28).
Location of eye/center:
- At 7:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARCE” was estimated based on all available data at 385 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (8.9 °N, 129.8 °E)
- Maximum sustained winds of 45 kph near the center
- Forecast to move West Northwest at 17 kph
- 24 Hour( Tomorrow afternoon): in the vicinity of Surigao City (9.5°N, 126.1°E).
- 48 Hour(Friday afternoon):50 km Southwest of Iloilo City (10.4°N, 122.2°E).
- 72 Hour(Saturday afternoon): 145 km West Southwest of Coron, Palawan (11.7°N, 118.9°E).
- 96 Hour(Sunday afternoon):390 km West of Cubi Point, SBMA, Olongapo (14.5°N, 116.7°E).
- 120 Hour(Monday afternoon):700 km West of Dagupan City (16.6°N, 113.8°E).
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL: #1 (30-60kph expected in 36 hrs)
Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Island, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Misamis Oriental and Camiguin.
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
Mines and Geosciences Bureau Region 10 (Northern Mindanao)
Issued at 8:00 P.M., 23 November 2016
The Provincial, City, and Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils (P/C/MDRRMCs) and Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Committees (BDRRMCs) are kindly advised to be vigilant and to take precautionary measures.
Everyone is advised to keep informed on the latest weather bulletin.
Thank you very much.